Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm in love with the female nude

I'm in love with the female nude.

I don't think that there is anything as beautiful as the diversity that nature blesses us with. I was recently rereading and old issue of Australian Madison Magazine, (The January 2010 issue to be precise) and they had an article reflecting on how women view their own bodies and the bodies of others.

 I found the following quote from editor Paula Joye particularly memorable;

It's a real gift to be able to look at women's bodies as they truly are, and refreshing to see an accurate depiction of what we see each day in the locker room at the gym. Or at home in the mirror. How we all look before the smoke and mirrors start. Before the tummy flattening control undies, the lift and separate bra and the butt firming jeans. It's vital for us to see such representations of the everyday in the same places we visit for inspiration, yes, fashion magazines. Because beauty doesn't only lie in a photo of a gorgeous model wearing an amazing dress. You can find it in the unlikeliest of places- another woman's freckles, her thighs, a caesarean scar. Vulnerability is every girl's secret beauty weapon.

So I just thought I'd share a little bit of love for all of my fellow ladies out there and remind you, that each and every one of you is beautiful no matter what your demons maybe. Share the love and send a girlfriend, your sister, your mother who ever a message reminding her that she is beautiful.


I absolutely adore this image, I'm not sure where it originates from, I discovered it browsing the net a few months ago when I was looking for inspiration for my own nude shoot. And fell head over heels in love, if it's yours please let me know and I'll label it as yours or remove it if required. It is truly gorgeous.

Love Little Miss CZ

No comments:

Post a Comment