Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quarry my heart away

Sorry for the lack of posts, last weekend was the Perth Big Day Out Music festival and I wasn't prepared to take the SLR out and about for the obvious reasons and my partner in crime Miss B completely forgot to take the standard digital cam.. Oh well...

I can tell you this we had a fabulous time and spent much time dancing like lunatics, to the delight of other festival go-ers I'm sure (I counted at least three gents laughing and smiling at me directly ah well... At least I made some body smile!).
We started out the day rocking with Little Red, suddenly found ourselves in the middle of an impromptu mosh pit for Children Collide, which we wisely fled and shook our good things too on the side line, swooned over Lupe Fiasco he is so amazing and I can't say he's hard on the eyes either, bopped along to Bliss n Eso, grooved with Gyroscope, Gyroscope you will always be in my heart if for no other reason than providing me with songs to link my broken heart to, it is always you I seek out on the Ipod in times of heart ache.  Flying over to Birds of Tokyo where we stood front and centre singing our lungs out and being sprayed by over zealous crowd care peeps with water hoses... (to cool you down not in a weird attempt at control.. no need it was LOVE all round for Birds), danced like funky monkeys to John Butler Trio before making a side sweep for free iced tea (MASSIVE shout out to Ash and the other Lipton Ice tea girls.. Life savers truly for us non alcohol.drug inclined peeps) and pizza, hot chips and other such festival fare, we were several hours in and had much dancing left to go! Then I dragged some not so unwilling people along with us to Blue King Brown where to my delight I found my festival dream crowd, that is to say, like minded, fun, carefree people, I believe anything with Reggae in it brings out the best in people... (It also tends to bring out a heavy scent of Mary Jane, each to their own I say, not for me but I'm simply crazy and high enough without extra curriculars), we raced over to Kid Kenobi and MC Shureshock... and danced a whole different kind of dance, bailed early on LCD Soundsystem (I'm sorry but you festival organisers like to cause difficult decisions in terms of time clashes) for the lovely Sia, where we Breathe-d (You've stolen my heart Sia) and Clapped Our Hands so joyous, before finishing off a very long day with the always incredible M.I.A!

We pounced on a free ride home, over the intoxicated crowd that was swelling towards the train stations... And managed to get home relatively early and in comfort! Possibly a perfect Big Day Out. And I have to say my sister Miss B (yes you! I know you'll read this) is the perfect festival partner and I look forward to doing it again next year!

It was my second week at Tafe and you can believe me when I say the work load increases daily but its all love for me, it is fashion after all... And today... Today is Valentines Day.. Which brings me to the title of this post..
For the past six years it was my ex (how I  hate saying that word) and I's tradition to go to the Ballet at the Quarry for Valentines. (Not necessarily on the day if we couldn't get tickets but the week of at least..) And my heart was aching this year. I love the Ballet and even more so at the Quarry it is the most amazing open air venue, I love the sea breeze caressing my face, the stars blazing over head, it makes me LOVE, just love in general, anything and everything, those nights my heart is always open as my soul soars carried by cool breezes and music... So what do I do? Do I go without him and know that even as my heart opens a little part of it continues to break? Because he is not there beside me? Or do I avoid it and the memories knowing I'll be thinking about it regardless....

Decisions, decisions. Well friends fate intervened... We got asked if we'd like tickets by a lovely friend of Miss B's, Miss Amy who wasn't able to go.. I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason so I said yes, let's do it, let's go and we did... On Saturday night we packed up the picnic basket full of loveliness such as champagne, strawberries, camembert, crackers, cherry tomatoes, avocado, SD tomatoes, bocconcini, toblerone chocolate, basil and parmensan dips etc etc and we went and gave our hearts to the ballet.

For any one that ever visits Perth or happens to live here I suggest you go, it is an absolutely gorgeous venue and night all round. Like any live performance you are not allowed to take cameras so the following images are from the WA Ballet's website and the Quarry Amphitheatre's homepages..



So today is Valentines Day and I have to love myself today because my heart is not coming back any time soon it seems,  I think a tub of ice cream, a bubble bath and a nice glass of something sparkling should tick all the boxes.. After work of course...

(Thank you gene pool on a side note for the metabolism of a race horse... I think tonight I may need you)

Love to all and I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day,
Love C

No comments:

Post a Comment