Thursday, February 3, 2011

Man Repeller, Man Repeller, Man Repeller




Oh how I love the Man Repeller's blog http://www.manrepeller.com/ and if you haven't already checked it out by now .. DO SO IMMEDIATELY! Trust me it is hilarious. So as an ode to one of my favourite bloggers, I decided to do a post wearing my very own man repeller outfit!

I have to admit it was an absolutely sweltering day when we took these photos, there was so much humidity due to the massive cloud hanging over head due to a cyclone through the state, thankfully when we actually took them the storm was hovering literally less than a few  hundred metres away and the heat and the humidity broke, so wearing my favourite faux fur wasn't complete agony, however prior to heading down to the park I was running around my parents house chanting man repeller man repeller man repeller, much like Julie from the Julie and Julia movie chants lobster killer, lobster killer, lobster killer... Only instead of having a complete look of disgust on my face I had complete rapture. The idea of actively dressing to repel men is GENIUS and I wish I could lay claim to having twigged to it sooner!

This dress is like the love child of your Nanna's  favourite table cloth and a hessian sack. It's a born man repeller. I got my mother's raised eyebrows and Dad flatly refused to define it as anything other than interesting, but I think they were both secretly amused by my man repeller chanting and dancing... Yes I am clearly something of a crazy person. I will stand in her defense though, despite her embroidered hessian outward appearance she is actually rather soft indian woven cotton and gorgeously soft to the touch, plus may I add she's light as a feather! The green blouse in other circumstances could be a total man getter as she is 100% transparent, however in this company she just becomes a part of the natural crowd.

I've been told by several Australian men that fur coats (faux or real) do not relate to the word sexy, me thinks differently, but then again this outfit was never about men. So what do you think? Should I up the anti and do a clashing print post? See if I can elevate those eyebrows and that interesting into looks of sheer horror.. Oh I hope so.. Stay tuned

Dress: Vintage off Ebay
Faux fur jacket: Thrifted
Boots: Sooo old...
Belt: Thrifted
Green blouse: Thrifted
Hat: Morgan and Taylor
Teeth bracelet: Handmade I'm chasing up the source
Watch: Borrowed permanently off my house :)

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend, Big Day Out for me HOORAH!
Love C

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! That's the hat I've been looking for all my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfit, I do love the man repeller blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nothing repelling about this!! its amaaaazing!! i always think the most man repelling things are the things girls like the most!! cuteness---and i share your love for the man repeller.

    xx
    ashley <3

    http://pursenboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete