Monday, January 24, 2011

Hooked a berry to a thread


Please excuse the goofy facials, my sister and I were laughing at our efforts to not fall over at every turn into the quagmire of a creek beneath the trees, thick with black mud and mosquito larvae, all whilst avoiding  near invisible spiderwebs strung between the branches of the paperbark gums. I was grinning like a cheshire cat listening to my sister and our friend Rob who came along 'scaring off' snakes by stomping through the grass.... Hopeless but I love them both all the more because of it.




Dress: Thrifted
Jacket: A creation of my own design, you can't really see it here but the underside of the collar is completely hand beaded... (Urrgh that took ages)
Cross necklace: Lovisa
Stag necklace: Lovisa
Boots: Kenji
Rings: Diamante and multicoloured skull ring and black stone rings both Lovisa
White Skull ring: Random bead shop in Fremantle

Title quote courtesy of W.B. Yeats (1865- 1939) from The Song of Wandering Aengus.

6 comments:

  1. goodness this outfit is so so lovely! absolutely dreamy! i just found your blog and absolutely in love! amazing photography with wonderful inspiration!!

    -maebell(:

    www.maebellx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment.
    The photos look lovely, but I can't really see them they're too big on your blog (hope you don't mind me saying this)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing outfit. love the shoes, so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit, and that red jacket is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful outfit, I love the colours and those red shoes are simply wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! I love the detailing in it... it's stunning! I also really love the rich red color you paired with the dress... super cute :)

    LizAnn
    VPV Intern
    http://www.shopVPV.com

    ReplyDelete